This is Cambridge Network’s privacy notice that explains the company’s approach to collecting and using personal information about people that interact with our websites. We regard personal information as any information which relates to or identifies an individual. This notice also supplements other privacy notices or statements you may have been presented with when engaging with a service, facility, event or initiative associated with Cambridge Network. For example, you may have followed a link here because you want to sign up to attend an event aimed at prospective students or host families. The information below applies to all Cambridge Network’s activities where personal information is collected, so for your convenience, we put it in one place that you can read and revisit whenever you need.
Who are we?
Founded in 2009, Cambridge Network is a one-stop turnkey service for international students seeking a high school education in the United States.
With our professional service and proven expertise, Cambridge Network is recognized as the education industry leader.
We are the sole representative for 240 leading private high schools in the USA and 19 public high schools in the state of Massachusetts. Cambridge Network conducts student recruitment in 10 cities within four countries.
We match students with the most suitable high schools, help them find the right host families, and offer them academic support and other complementary services to ensure they have a most enriching and rewarding high school education experience.
Why are we processing your personal information?
We can only process (collect, use, store etc.) your personal information if one of the following applies:
- You provide consent for us to process your personal information, based on clear and specific information, with a genuine choice, and the ability to change your mind at any time;
- We need your personal information to provide a service as part of a contract (for example, to enable you/us to fulfil your/our obligations under a student contract or employment contract);
- We need your personal information to perform our official functions as an international student education provider network, and those functions are in the public interest. This justification also covers situations where we need to share information with other organizations for them to carry out their official functions (for example, schools);
- We need your personal information for a legitimate interest of Cambridge Network or a third party, provided that interest is not overridden by your interests and rights (for example, we may need to process your information to protect our network and information security);
- We need your personal information to protect somebody’s life (a vital interest); and
- We need your personal information to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
How do we use your personal information?
We will generally use your personal information to provide you with the services, products or information you have requested from us to:
- enable us to supply you with the services and information you have requested;
- ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- analyze the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop the website;
- provide you with information, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, unless you have indicated otherwise;
- maintain a contract we have with you, such through an application form or any other service you wish to access; and
- notify you about changes to our service.
We will always ask for your consent to process your information before you can submit any form.
When do we share personal data?
Cambridge Network does not share, sell, or distribute any personal information about you to outside third parties when you visit this website.
How do we secure personal data?
Do we carry out marketing?
If you register an interest with Cambridge Network or through one of our service providers, you may receive marketing communications. This is done at the point where your personal information is first collected. Within any marketing communications, you will be provided with a simple and transparent way to unsubscribe.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Cookies are text files that identify a website visitor‘s computer to our servers. Cookies in themselves do not identify you, just the computer or device you are using.
Will changes be made to this privacy notice?
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This privacy notice was last updated on June 7, 2018.
Additional Rights in relation to personal data for website visitors in the European Union
If you are a resident of a country in the European Union, under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have a number of rights beyond accessing a copy of the information Cambridge Network holds about you. These rights are as follows:
- Right to be informed
- Right of access – see above
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure/right to be forgotten
- Right to restriction
- Right to portability
- Right to object
- Right to not be subject to automated decision making
- Right not to be subject to automatic profiling
How can you contact us to address any one of the points listed above, or to make a complaint to the regulator?
To contact us about our privacy notice or information we hold about you, please write to Cambridge Network’s Data Protection Committee, which is our point of contact with EU residents and supervisory authorities.
- By email – [email protected]
- By mail to: Cambridge Network, attention: Data Protection Committee, 1601 Trapelo Road, Suite 260, Waltham, MA 02451 USA